|1000 Newbury Rd.; Ste. 225 :: Newbury Park, CA 91320 :: 805-375-2233 |
Healthy Mouth=Healthy Body
Bad breath, also called halitosis...can result from poor dental health habits and may be a sign of other health problems. Bad breath can also be made worse by the types of foods you eat and other unhealthy lifestyle habits. You may not even be aware of your own bad breath, so if you’re concerned you may be suffering from it, give Centers for Healing a call. Centers for Healing can help identify the cause and develop a treatment plan to treat it. At Centers for Healing we have Over 40 years of combined biological dentistry following Dr. Huggins' Protocol.
There are many reasons for bad breath:
- What you eat can also affect the way your breath smells. Certain foods, such as garlic and onions, can have a very strong and lasting odor.
- If you don’t brush and floss daily, particles of food remain in the mouth, collecting bacteria, which can cause bad breath, not to mention tooth decay and gingivitis.
- Bad breath can be caused by dry mouth (xerostomia), which occurs when the flow of saliva decreases. Saliva is necessary to cleanse the mouth and remove particles that may cause odor.
- Tobacco products cause bad breath. If you use tobacco, ask Centers for Healing for tips on kicking the habit.
- Bad breath may be the sign of a medical disorder, such as a local infection in the respiratory tract, chronic sinusitis, postnasal drip, chronic bronchitis, diabetes, gastrointestinal disturbance, liver or kidney ailment. If this is the case, you may be referred to your family doctor or a specialist to determine the cause.
What to expect when you come to Centers for HealingOne of our first concerns in their initial visit is assessing their oral hygiene and periodontal condition. Our main philosophy is that the head is connected to the body and therefore if there is any type of periodontal condition we address it immediately because of the many factor it causes to the overall health of the patient.
Why choose Centers for Healing?
- Knowledge! An understanding of why we practice the way we do.
- Confidence that they came to the right place to improve their health.
- The understanding that it's not like the slogan going around, "you are what you eat" but "you are what is in your mouth".
call today to schedule your appointment 805-375-2233
Post a Comment